Below you can find RisingStack‘s collection of the most important Node.js updates, projects & tutorials from this week:
- deprecate AsyncHooks Sensitive API and runInAsyncIdScope. Neither API were documented. (Andreas Madsen)
- update nghttp2 to 1.29.0 (James M Snell)
- upgrade npm to 5.6.0 (Kat Marchán)
- cherry-pick 50f7455 from upstream V8 (Michaël Zasso)
- remove reaches into _events internals (Anatoli Papirovski)
- add rawPacket in err of clientError event (XadillaX)
- implement maxSessionMemory (James M Snell)
- add initial support for originSet (James M Snell)
- add altsvc support (James M Snell)
- perf_hooks integration (James M Snell)
- Refactoring and cleanup of Http2Session and Http2Stream destroy (James M Snell)
Click here for more info.
In this article you’ll learn how to perform robust face detection and face recognition using face-recognition.js.
I was looking for a promising Node.js library that produces accurate face recognition results, found none, thus decided to create one!
In this article, we collected a few tips that we think Node.js developers should follow in 2018. Feel free to pick some development related New Year’s resolutions!
The npm registry had an operations incident Saturday that caused 97 packages to be temporarily unavailable for download for approximately 30 minutes, and an additional 9 packages to be unavailable for approximately three hours.
In this article, you’ll read an overview of how Docker works and learn three examples of using Docker with Node.
What’s the next big thing in software development? Everyone has an opinion these days, and we’d love to hear yours.
Read the experiences Gosquared had with ECS and how they set up the infrastructure using ECS to run Node apps.
The author of this article decided to come clean and tell us all how he’s been stealing usernames, passwords and credit card numbers from sites for the past few years.
Previously in the Node.js Weekly Update
In the previous Node.js Weekly Update, we brough you the finest articles of the past week. This included the release of Node v8.9.4 (LTS), meltdown and spectre bugs, our article on 2017’s Node Community, optimizing middleware implementation, and much more! Click if you missed it!