Below you can find RisingStack‘s collection of the most important Node.js news, updates, projects & tutorials from this week:
Read Ryan Dahl’s presentation at JSConf EU 2018, on the things he regrets about the way he created Node.js. These include:
- The build system
- Require without “.js”
Carlos Justiniano from Flywheel Sports talks about building light-weight microservices using Redis, at RedisConf18.
Carlos has also contributed to our community website, giving an insightful glance into the following topics:
- Using Docker Swarm for Deploying Node.js Microservices
- Deploying Node.js Microservices to AWS using Docker
- Building a Microservices Example Game with Distributed Messaging
- Tutorial: Building ExpressJS-based microservices using Hydra
This article is the 5th part of a series on how to build Web APIs with Typescript. It explains various methods to secure your RESTful Web APIs.
Why start learning Node.js? Watch the interview with CJ Silverio on how npm and Node.js work together and how do they help each other to grow synergistically.
Read Jim Zemlin’s thoughtful reflection on the recent announcement of Microsoft purchasing Github for $7.5 billion in stock.
What does it mean of the world of Open Source, and why would Microsoft do this?
Node.js will release new versions of all supported release lines around June 12th, 2018 (UTC). These releases will incorporate a number of security fixes.
Lucas Azzola recently tweeted that Worker Threads landed in Node.js. Read the initial implementation of it.
Previous Node.js Updates:
In the previous Weekly Node.js Update, we collected great articles, like
- Node v10.3.0 (Current) Released;
- Building a Chat App with Express, React and Socket.io ;
- Creating an HTTPs server with Node.js and Express;
- 8 Key Takeaways from the Node.js Survey of 1,600 Engineers (2018);